Marketing Content Writer
Location: Falcon Structures Offices
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Type: Marketing
Experience: A degree in Journalism, Marketing, English or related field with at least two years of work experience. Writing portfolio must be submitted to be considered.
About the Job:
The Marketing Content Writer reports to the Director of Marketing and will be responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining print and digital content to achieve Falcon’s business goals. Duties include creating as well as sharing content to raise brand awareness. The Marketing Content Writer must be able to write at an executive level focused on customer engagement and have an eye for brand consistency. The position is responsible for writing technical and non-technical documents.
- Create and publish engaging content, such as:
- Online: Blogs, web page content, case studies, infographics, guides, press releases.
- Product documents: Spec sheets, comparison charts.
- Sales Support: Presentation elements, email templates.
- Outbound: Email blasts, nurture programs, abstracts, webinar assistance.
- Edit, proofread, and improve external writers’ content. Ensure consistency of brand voice.
- Work with online marketing agency to optimize content according to SEO best practices.
- Manage content distribution on online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
- Regularly contribute new content ideas as well as ideas to improve existing content.
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, English or related field with at least two years of work experience.
- Two years’ experience developing/writing business-to-business marketing content.
- Superior, professional writing skills, with a focus on journalism, interviewing, fact discovery, research based storytelling and the ability to translate technical terms into layman’s terms.
- Experience with developing/writing content geared toward a mature, professional, executive decision maker audience.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Two years’ experience writing/developing copy for social media.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Extensive experience with MS Office suite.
- Basic technical knowledge of web publishing.
- Experience with sales writing a plus.
- Product marketing or marketing agency experience a plus.
- Two years’ experience writing long copy, such as white papers.
- Ability to understand messaging and branding in order to synchronize the message for all content across multiple mediums and channels, including: Sales collateral, SEO/SEM, email campaigns, traditional direct marketing.
- Google Analytics certification a plus.
Key Behaviors and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented, self-starter with strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong team player focused on the company’s mission.
Competitive base salary, medical, dental, and life insurance benefits, as well as holidays and paid time off.
To apply, submit your résumé, cover letter, and portfolio to Jobs@FalconStructures.com.