Last week I wrote about some unique uses for modified shipping containers in Austin Texas. After a very unscientific survey of customers over the years I thought I'd list some of the most common applications for repurposing shipping containers.
- The most common application of a shipping container is for use as additional storage space. This is both a residential and commercial application that anyone who needs a little extra room can use. Shipping containers are weather tight and secure so they are ideal for storing household goods as well as excess inventory.
- Shipping containers are also commonly used to store tools and materials on construction sites. Renting or buying a shipping container to securely store tools and stage materials is a very practical way to make sure a construction job runs smoothly.
- Churches of all faiths and denonminations use shipping containers to organize and store donated goods or seasonal decorations.
- Farmers use shipping containers to store feed and hay. It's important that hay stays dry so it doesn't get moldy and a shipping container is a perfect way to free up space in the barn and keep hay dry.
- Finally, shipping containers also make document storage vaults. In some businesses paperwork storage is a real headache so many people have turned to shipping containers to help relieve the avalanche of paper that's built up in their office.
These are just a few uses for shipping containers that I've seen around town here in Austin Texas. If there's something I forgot and you'd like to share it with me contact us at 877-704-0177.